Saturday, September 29, 2007
Popular Mechanics has published a list of 25 skills every man should know. I added my own comments regarding my experience with each skill.
1. Patch a radiator hose with Ivory soap
2. Protect your computer for FREE
3. Rescue a boater who as capsized pull the boater into your boat
4. Frame a wall and sheetrock it too? How about texture and paint (see #17)
5. Retouch digital photos because every woman should look like Pam Anderson~
6. Back up a trailer loaded or unloaded? Boat ramp or driveway?
7. Build a campfire Girl Scouts
8. Fix a dead outlet make sure to switch off the breaker first
9. Navigate with a map and compass Girl Scouts
10. Use a torque wrench pit crew
11. Sharpen a knife whetstone or fancy sharpener? You can borrow my daughter's whetstone...
12. Perform CPR Girl Scouts/midwifery
13. Fillet a fish use the right knife--electric works
14. Maneuver a car out of a skid on ice? or in the rain?
15. Get a car unstuck or help a guy get his truck out of the mud with your Mommy Suburban and your rope!
16. Back up data So old...
17. Paint a room see #4
18. Mix concrete under the house...on your back...and pour a few piers, too...
19. Clean a bolt-action rifle and shoot it
20. Change oil and filter before the "Oil" light comes on...
21. Hook up an HDTV and the cable connections, and the computer network with a wireless router
22. Bleed brakes get a partner
23. Paddle a canoe and make it go where you want it to go
24. Fix a bike flat Girl Scouts
25. Extend your wireless network see #21
And if you don't know how to do it, ask your wife!!!
Because Milly asked, I found this---
25 Skills Every Woman Should Know from Busymom.net
1. Take off a bra through a shirt sleeve
2. Select the right color foundation
3. Choose the proper people to accompany you to the bathroom at the bar
4. Change purses with the seasons
5. Describe the difference between the colors "off white", "bone", and "cream"
6. Call someone to change a tire
7. Mix patterns on furniture and clothing
8. Select a trashy novel for reading at the beach
9. Keep kids busy in order to go to the bathroom alone
10. Tell the difference between real Coach purses, and, knock-offs
11. Prepare an elegant appetizer from random pantry supplies for unannounced company
12. Drive someplace unfamiliar at night in the rain
13. Respond to a child's midnight announcement of, "I have to bring 75 brownies to school tomorrow."
14. Find the nearest outlet mall
15. Discuss the differences between capris and cropped pants
17. Filch the phone number of a good babysitter from the neighbor
18. Get makeup off a cell phone screen
19. Extract the good candy from the Halloween bags without the kids noticing
20. Make him think it's his idea
21. Actually download pictures from the digital camera
22. Create 3 or more plausible reasons to "stop by Target"
23. Make store bought bake sale goodies look home made
24. Drive in the snow
25. Surprise a child by going to Sonic for a "treat" without him knowing it's because you need a Diet Coke